Monday, October 1, 2012

the world will not end in 2012

i'm still astounded by how many people ask me about the (completely made up) doomsday claimed to take place on 21st december this year.   what especially disturbs me is the level of fear i've witnessed in some young school children who have adults in their lives spreading their own unfounded fear of this nonsense. 

this whole thing is a hoax.

please, believe me - there is NO SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE for any of the potential "killers" that have been proposed - nibiru ("planet X"), end of the mayan calendar, special planetary alignment, unusual magnetic pole shift, etc...

here's a nice video from david morrison summarizing the reasons why you have NO NEED TO WORRY. 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

But what about a zombie apocalypse?

Unknown said...

i know who you are - unknown ZOMBIE!

Aman said...

Heh. Thanks for this. Now I can just simply point to your article whenever someone asks me to repent my sins before the impending doomsday.

Andy Callaway said...

You mean, it's not going to happen?!? How disappointing; we had and End-Of-The-World party scheduled and everything. ;-)

Chris said...

Could the real cataclysm be that there is no cataclysm? Sharpen your pointy foil hats and run for the hills!

Ggreybeard said...

When showing the Venus transit to the public in June, a schoolboy aged about twelve kept asking me about the end of the world later this year. He was so persistent about his belief in it that I asked him who was telling him about it.

It was his school teacher!