Friday, November 4, 2011

stealing candy from a baby

the challenge from jimmy kimmel was for parents to tell their kids that they ate all their halloween candy... and record the responses! the experiment sounded cruel and unusual to me so i very reluctantly watched the video, but the resulting footage is surprisingly funny!



at both halloween and easter, i had strategies laid out for how i would consume my candy, mixing the favorites with the okays in a very specific way so that i could trade with my sisters and enjoy the flavours, until all the candy was gone. this process would usually last for a week or so.

i totally would have cried if my parents (or anyone) had taken such sweet satisfaction away from me, but i think i never realized it until i watched these poor kids. there is a lot of anticipation and gratification surrounding the full candy acquisition and consumption experience!

3 comments:

Kirsch said...

Child abuse.

Rik Gern said...

The two boys at the end were really cute, but still, it seemed mean. I'm not very familiar with Jimmy Kimmel, but I don't think I like him after this.

Reg Broadchest said...

Outside of natural selection, this might be the only rational reason to have children.