Monday, November 24, 2008

what type of blog is this?

inspired by asymptotia's description, i decided to use the typealyzer to see what type of blog this is! apparently i write as an "ESTP - the doer."


this classification comes from the myers-briggs personality classifications and stands for Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving. i've taken myers-briggs tests before and i had to sit down and answer about a hundred multiple choice questions. i'm not sure how the typealyzer works just by the text of a blog, but it's still fun to see the results! here's how the typealyzer claims my brain works:



the most interesting thing to me is that the first time i took a myers-briggs test, i was about 14 years old and i was an INFP - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving, described as
Quiet, reflective, and idealistic. Interested in serving humanity. Well-developed value system, which they strive to live in accordance with. Extremely loyal. Adaptable and laid-back unless a strongly-held value is threatened. Usually talented writers. Mentally quick, and able to see possibilities. Interested in understanding and helping people."

that description fits my 14-year-old-self pretty well i think. its amazing how much we change with time and experience.

another funny result from typealyzer is the little sketch-character that accompanies the description. almost every time i've submitted my blog for one of these online analyzer things, they tell me i'm a man. i wonder if this cute little picture of a girl stems from the fact that most "STFP Doers" are female, they could actually guess my sex from my blog writing style, or the fact that the title "astropixie" has feminine insinuations?

4 comments:

IP Freeley said...

Every time I see a myers-briggs description I think they read like a horoscope. I'm sure people have strong personality traits that could be used to predict their behavior--but I can't help but think the myers-briggs doesn't really tell you much.

lalamandala said...

i remember one of my profs talking about how she was more feeling/ intutitive according to the m-b scale before her phd. and after she was more thinking/sensing. makes sense really. you spend a number of years doing something and it rubs off on you!

Anonymous said...

Like you I was classified as an ESTP. I seem to have a fairly square brain activity plot though so am probably a bit uncertain.

I tried a few different astro blogs and got back a selection of types. All of them were illustrated with female character sketches.

Personality Types said...

I love the whole Personality Types world and always am interested in new applications. So when I found Typelyzer I loved the idea. But then I tried it on my INTJ page and it got it wrong. Yes a page about INTJ, titled INTJ, INTJ as the header...and Typealyzer didn't choose INTJ.