Thursday, July 27, 2017

In the desert working on LSST

This may seem like old news to some of you now, but earlier this year I moved across the world, back to the USA to the sonoran desert of Tucson, Arizona to start the next phase of my career: Head of Education and Public Outreach (EPO) for the Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST).  

If you haven't heard of this amazing new telescope being built in Chile right now, here's an intro video I'm proud to have produced:


To find out more about the EPO program itself, you can watch the video below or see slides from a recent talk I gave.



Ida Luna and I are surviving our first desert summer and monsoon season - it's beautiful and dramatic and I can't wait to see what happens next!

new home :)

huge blooming cactus

blue skies

powerful sunsets
 

No comments: