Wednesday, September 28, 2011

a simple reminder

it's almost easy to forget where i am after a day of sitting at a desk with my laptop thinking about the same type of universe-related questions that i think about most days.

but then i get up to use the bathroom and find squatting toilets waiting for me. oh right, still in asia!

most toilets stalls dont provide handles...


many places offer both the squatting option and the western-style toilet... just remember not to flush the toilet paper!

so far this trip reminds me of something my good friend said recently about adjusting to having a new baby and a toddler in her family:

"it’s a question of managing all the moving parts and making sure everyone eats, sleeps and poops in the appropriate places."

only i just have to look after myself. props to all you parents!


ps. today i'm off to the western social media deadzone of mainland china, during their national holidays, which should be a sufficiently crazy time to visit beijing! talk to you from hong kong next week...

4 comments:

heroineworshipper said...

Everyone does most of their business traveling in China, these days. Hard to find blogs showing anything else.

amydove said...

I think I would have a hard time dealing with pants in asia. I'd have to go skirts or risk a big mess.

Big Mark 243 said...

... ah yes... the 'kimchi squat' (that is what we called it when I was in Korea)... hope you enjoy your time and take plenty of pictures... I've never been to China..!

skywatcher88 said...

Hi Amanda
Interesting!I`m hoping they are NOT recycling the paper!!!
Peace and Clear Skies and dry feet.
7718