Tuesday, December 14, 2010

the national - bloodbuzz ohio

on a recommendation from a good friend, i listened to the band the national for several years before i realized they are originally from ohio! their most recent album made me suspicious enough to look up more info because it has a song called "bloodbuzz ohio" (see video below) and one called "england." turns out they formed in cincinnati in 1999 -- when i was singing in a band in cincinnati as well! damn small world.

the difference is that their band was actually really good and made it work, whereas my band broke up after the horn player stole the girlfriend of the lead singer and *married* her all during one summer when i was off being a physicist in chicago. oh well. it was fun while it lasted.

anyway, i've been listening to this song A LOT lately, so i thought i'd share it.

4 comments:

StuntTrader said...

Congrats on being in a band Astro Girl :) Liked the toon, strange lyrics, dislike the tie, try this... Brian Eno "This"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRsl5Fp6GVk

Julia said...

Oh, I love The National! I am uncreative in that my favorite song right now by them is "Fake Empire".

Big Mark 243 said...

I am a fan of the National as well... but I would have enjoyed listening to YOU and your band on stage..!

The Jackass-Penguin Show said...

He sounds like Neil Hannon off the Divine Comedy