Friday, February 20, 2009

a day in the life of abbey road

yes, of course i mean that abbey road, the one made famous by the name of my favorite beatles album. this music video shows people pausing throughout the day to have their picture taken...



you can even watch LIVE as people cross abbey road, and nearly get hit by cars and double-decker buses, while trying to take photos!! of course, one day i will be one of those silly people... where is abbey road, anyway?!

this also gives me an excuse to share some recent artwork of my friend, shay, of the wicked chickenz.


i love it!

4 comments:

Steve Jeffery said...

Is that a rhetorical question? The address is at the bottom of the studio's webcam page. A closeup aerial view from Google Maps might clarify the matter. I believe that's the pedestrian crossing with a white van crossing it under the word "Abbey". Looks like St.John's Wood is the nearest tube station.
I'll be in London myself on Saturday, but my ambitions don't stretch beyond a possible visit to the Byzantium exhibition at the Royal Academy. I'll be out in Camden tonight so might well be nursing a sore head by tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Well then, since you're an astronomer and you mentioned Abbey Road, then you must look at this picture of the Cassini imaging team (scroll down):

http://ciclops.org/team/iss_team.php

Anonymous said...

Ah, Abbey Road. One of the best albums ever!

Elaine said...

that is a great find! i don't know if you noticed the "cheeky" fellow at 1:33, he drops trow!!! i nearly fell off my chair! thanks so much!